Thursday, May 9, 2013

Going Green...at 50 mpg and 15 mph


Is it just me or does this thing totally scream
"My Crocs are my favorite shoes"
It seems like every time I go out for a drive, I get stuck behind some middle-aged guy in a beige Prius driving 5 under the speed limit. And every time I do, I think about how driving like my 80-year old grandmother can’t really be saving that much more gas. I mean…you’re already driving a hybrid, isn’t that good enough?

And then, last year, my dad committed the ultimate act of blasphemy…he bought a Prius.

Now, my dad is a pretty smart guy, so this drastic act got me thinking, “What does he know that I’ve been overlooking?” Basically, I just chalked it up to better gas mileage for his 60-mile daily commute to work and forgot about it.

Fast forward to 2 months ago where I was brainstorming potential research topics for the semester’s main paper. It dawned on me that this would be my chance to finally squash any residual embarrassment I suffered when thinking about that oval-shaped gray thing in my driveway at home. I resolved to finally put to rest all the feeble arguments against hybrid cars so that in 25 years when people can only buy gasoline on the black market, I can point to my dad and show the world that hybrids weren’t just for hipsters and tree-huggers. I now proudly present my findings:
HYBRIDS AREN’T WORTH IT. 
Why, you ask? Well, sit back, relax, and stop waxing your Ferrari for a minute, and I’ll let you in on a few secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment